Welcome to Boost.org!
Boost provides free peer-reviewed portable C++ source libraries.
We emphasize libraries that work well with the C++ Standard Library. Boost libraries are intended to be widely useful, and usable across a broad spectrum of applications. The Boost license encourages both commercial and non-commercial use.
We aim to establish "existing practice" and provide reference implementations so that Boost libraries are suitable for eventual standardization. Ten Boost libraries are included in the C++ Standards Committee's Library Technical Report (TR1) and in the new C++11 Standard. C++11 also includes several more Boost libraries in addition to those from TR1. More Boost libraries are proposed for standardization in C++17.
Since 2006 an intimate week long annual conference related to Boost called C++ Now has been held in Aspen, Colorado each May. Boost has been a participant in the annual Google Summer of Code since 2007.
Boost works on almost any modern operating system, including UNIX and Windows variants. Follow the Getting Started Guide to download and install Boost. Popular Linux and Unix distributions such as Fedora, Debian, and NetBSD include pre-built Boost packages. Boost may also already be available on your organization's internal web server.
Read on with the introductory material to help you understand what Boost is about and to help in educating your organization about Boost.
Boost welcomes and thrives on participation from a variety of individuals and organizations. Many avenues for participation are available in the Boost Community.
- December 26th, 2016 23:43 GMT
- March 23rd, 2017 14:19 GMT
- Version 1.63.0 Updated Libraries: Atomic, Container, Context, Fiber, Fusion, Geometry, Hash, Interprocess, Intrusive, LexicalCast, Log, Metaparse, Move, Optional, Phoenix, Python, Test, TypeIndex, Units, Unordered. December 26th, 2016 23:43 GMT
- Version 1.62.0 New Libraries: Fiber, QVM Updated Libraries: Chrono, Circular Buffer, Container, Context, Coroutine2, DLL, Functional/Forward, Geometry, Interprocess, Intrusive, Lexical Cast, Log, Math, Phoenix, Regex, Test, Thread, TypeIndex, Unordered, Variant. September 28th, 2016 15:17 GMT
- Version 1.61.0 New Libraries: Compute, DLL, Hana, Metaparse. Updated Libraries: Any, Container, Context, Coroutine, Coroutine2, Fusion, Geometry, Interprocess, Intrusive, Lexical Cast, Log, Move, Optional, Test, Variant. May 13th, 2016 02:58 GMT