- Windows: Some files seem to be poisoned to the point where you can't even
do is_directory() on them without an access error. For example, pagefile.sys. Should directory_iterator ignore these files?
- Windows: //share style paths need more analysis and test cases for system_complete()
and complete(). Also, path_test cases at line 410 need review, correction.
- Add a path::swap member function guaranteed not to throw. (Geurt Vos).
- Windows: What happens when a directory_itorator encounters a
wide-character filename? Write a test case.
- Add "." current directory to generic path? Add test cases one
way or the other. Change simple_ls accordingly.
- Ask for help porting to other operating systems, such as the Mac, etc.
- Finish the probe program, and ask Boost people to run it on various O/S's.
- Finish portability guide and checking functions. Get opinions on default, Boost, and other error checks. POSIX?
Windows? Mac? ISO 6990? Document the checking functions.
- Operations_test line 171 - why only check iterator tag? Why not
- The wrapped fstream functions which return the type of the stream (*this)
would have to be overridden to get the wrapped type (boost::filesystem::ifstream
rather than std::ifstream, for example). But does it matter? Does anyone care?
Will any programs fail?
02 October, 2003
© Copyright Beman Dawes, 2002
Use, modification, and distribution are subject to the Boost Software
License, Version 1.0. (See accompanying file
LICENSE_1_0.txt or copy at