The Boost moderators are Dave Abrahams,
Carl Daniel, Beman Dawes,
Doug Gregor, and
- Monitor the mailing list to ensure dialog remains within the acceptable
boundaries set by the discussion policy.
When discussion strays, use private email to gently remind, strongly rebuke,
or outright ban, as the situation demands.
- Approve the initial postings of new (and thus still moderated) members,
and move members to the "Group Policy" posting status.
- Administer the internal operations of the Boost web site, the main Boost
mailing list, the CVS repository, and other Boost administrative machinery.
- Act as an executive committee overseeing important administrative and
policy decisions. Boost is a zero-budget organization with no income
and no expenses, so that eliminates the need for most management. Technical
decisions are worked out on the mailing list. The moderators handle the few
remaining decisions that need a definite answer.
- Beyond the purely administrative duties, work to keep the Boost community
vibrant and alive. That may be as simple as saying "thank you" to
an individual member, or as complex as starting some major new
initiative. Do whatever it takes!
Revised 02 October, 2003
© Beman Dawes 2001
Use, modification, and distribution are subject to the Boost Software
License, Version 1.0. (See accompanying file
LICENSE_1_0.txt or copy at