TODO list for the Interval Arithmetic library
Comments from the review process
- It would be nice to have a 100% portable Rouding policy class based on
LIA-1 only, with no additional requirement such as IEEE 754 or even
- For pi and other constants, we should fetch them from the Math
constants library when it is ready.
- Support the
-mfpmath=sse option of g++ for Pentium IV
optimized code. This requires a different rounding policy class.
- Have an optimized specialization of
using SSE2 instructions? Tricky.
- Write a traits specialization for
and other non-built-in number types.
- Have a robust implementation of transcendental functions over the
built-in floating point types (e.g. using MPFR)?
- Safe conversions from
interval<float>? Requires partial specialization.
- It would be nice to use the expression template mecanism to
automatically use the more efficient unprotected rounding mode version
for small subexpressions (although you can do bigger expressions by
Copyright (c) Guillaume Melquiond, Sylvain Pion, Hervé Brönnimann, 2002.