- Add test cases and docs for Windows \\?\ and
\\?\UNC\ naming conventions.
- Should operations.cpp assert or BOOST_ASSERT on more preconditions?
- Apply PJP's Wide/Narrow conversion proposal to traits, once he stabilizes it.
- Glob syntax -> regex syntax converter. See
lists.boost.org/boost-users/2004/01/5770.php, and John Maddock's
- Issue (Adrian Martin): >Comparison between paths doesn't use locale.
>The paths are not treated as plain characters since a lexicographical
>compare is made. But the individual elements are treated
>as plain characters and the internal string type's operator< is used. This
>is a bit contradicting.
>I think the comparison operators should compare the elements in a locale
I've opened this as an issue. It needs to be answered in the context of what
comparison is used for. Remember that equivalence should be determined by the
equivalent() function. An important use of operator< is when path is used as a
map or set key. Not sure how locale impacts that.
- Move canonize() and normalize() to convenience.hpp?
- Need wording to the effect that basic_path::iterators are invalidated in
the basic_path object's lifetime ends.
- Move name checks to convenience.hpp?
- Move rename_all to convenience.hpp?
06 February, 2006
© Copyright Beman Dawes, 2002
Use, modification, and distribution are subject to the Boost Software
License, Version 1.0. (See accompanying file
LICENSE_1_0.txt or copy at