TODO list for the Interval Arithmetic library
Comments from the review process
- It would be nice to have a 100% portable Rouding policy class based
on LIA-1 only, with no additional requirement such as IEEE 754 or even
- For pi and other constants, we should fetch them from the Math
constants library when it is ready.
- Support the
-mfpmath=sse option of g++ for Pentium IV
optimized code. This requires a different rounding policy class.
- Have an optimized specialization of
interval<double> using SSE2 instructions? Tricky.
- Write a traits specialization for
and other non-built-in number types.
- Have a robust implementation of transcendental functions over the
built-in floating point types (e.g. using MPFR)?
- Safe conversions from
interval<float>? Requires partial specialization.
- It would be nice to use the expression template mecanism to
automatically use the more efficient unprotected rounding mode version
for small subexpressions (although you can do bigger expressions by
Copyright © 2002 Guillaume Melquiond, Sylvain Pion, Hervé
Brönnimann, Polytechnic University
Distributed under the Boost Software License, Version 1.0. (See
accompanying file LICENSE_1_0.txt
or copy at http://www.boost.org/LICENSE_1_0.txt)