Following compilers are tested and known to work with Boost.Locale
- GCC 3.4 to 4.6
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 to 2010
- Intel 10 to 12
- Clang 2.8
- Path Scale 4
- Visual Age 10.1
Following operating systems are tested with Boost.Locale
- Path Scale and MSVC 9 with STLPort has some test faults regarding invalid UTF-8 sequences in wide file I/O.
- The native iconv library on AIX platform does not support required character encodings, thus either ICU or GNU iconv library should be used.
- Mingw/GCC version 4.5 and above is required to support shared builds of Boost.Locale - versions that allow dynamic link with libstdc++ and libgcc. There is no problems with Cygwin's gcc-4.3 that provides shared versions of runtime libraries.
- In some cases the build system fails to link with iconv library on Darwin system, in such cases explicit path to the location of iconv library should be given using -sICONV_PATH build option.