Filesystem Release History
- Remove Filesystem Version 2 from the distribution. Version 3 is now the
only distributed version. Those still using V2 are urged to migrate to V3 as
soon as possible.
constexpr value_type preferred_separator to class path.
- Fix #5118,
replace_extension doesn't work as specified in documentation. The
documentation, implementation, and test cases have all had fixes applied. The
documentation had failed to mention that any existing extension is removed.
The behavior for simple cases has been reverted to the Version 2 behavior, but
with corrections so that complex replacements now work. Two test cases from
#5118 have been added.
- Fix #3737,
Boost.Filesystem does not compile on Windows Mobile. On Windows, <sys/stat.h>
is no longer included.
- Fix #4065,
Boost Filesystem lexicographic path comparison inconsistent. This required
multiple source code bug fixes and code cleanup, correcting problems not
related to lexicographical issues.
- Add class path member function
compare for consistency with
- Tighten BOOST_FILESYSTEM_DYN_LINK and BOOST_FILESYSTEM_STATIC_LINK logic
in filesystem/config.hpp so that one or the other is always defined, and both
being defined is a #error.
- Fix #6690 and
static linking related problems with VC++ 8 through 11. Note that this fix may
reintroduce codecvt thread safety problems
#6320, for these
compilers if static linking is used.
- Add path::operator+= and concat functions to tack on things like suffixes
or numbers. Suggested by Ed Smith-Rowland and others.
- Fix #6809,
Implementation of filesystem::rename() method for MS Windows is wrong, by
adding MOVEFILE_COPY_ALLOWED to deal with renames across drives, volumes, file
systems. Fix has no effect on non-Windows systems.
- Fix #6819, A path operand with a source that was a one character array was
treated as empty, even if it wasn't empty. Such arrays can occur in unions or
in code using C variable length array idioms.
- Fix #6932,
create_directories throws exception even if error_code is specified.
- Fix #3714,
Added test cases and fixes for class path errors when assignment or append
used self or portion of self as source.
- Fix #4889,
#6320, Locale codecvt_facet not thread safe on Windows. Move
Windows, Mac OS X, locale and codecvt facet back to namespace scope. POSIX
except OS X uses local static initialization (IE lazy) to ensure exceptions
are catchable if environmental variables are misconfigured and to avoid use of
locale("") if not actually used.
- Fix #5652,
recursive_directory_iterator fails on cyclic symbolic links. Thanks to Daniel
Aarno for the patch.
- Fix #5653,
recursive_directory_iterator(error_code) can still throw filesystem_error.
- Fix #5900, directory_iterator
access violation on Windows if error is thrown. Thanks to Andreas Eckleder for the patch.
- Fix #5900
comment 2, a bug in director_iterator construction with error_code argument that
caused increment to be called without the ec argument being passed.
- Fix #5989 by cleaning up test suite path_test.cpp code even
though the ticket itself was not a defect, and clarifying docs; iteration over a path yields
- Fix #5592, Change Windows codecvt processing from CP_THREAD_ACP to CP_ACP.
- Operations function fixes for PGI compiler, thanks to Noel Belcourt.
- Relax permissions test to reflect reality, particularly on the Sandia test
- Added operational function canonical(),
suggested by David Svoboda, who also provided pseudo-code.
- Added hash_value() function for
paths. (Daniel James)
- Fix path inserter problem (#5764)
reported for QNX6.3.2 host (gcc-3.3.5)
- Fix problem of locale("") exception being thrown before main() starts on
poorly configured (e.g. LANG="bad name") POSIX systems. Resolves the most
serious aspect of tickets
- Program file_status.cpp added (V3). See boost-root/libs/filesystem/v3/example.
Useful both as an example and to explore how Boost.Filesystem treats various
status errors. Run "bjam" (NOT "bjam install") in the example directory
to install in example/bin.
- Fix fstream problem for STLPort masquerading as Dinkumware (#5217).
- Version 3 of the library is now the default.
- IBM vacpp: Workaround for compiler bug affecting iterator_facade. (#4912)
- Verify, clarify, document that <boost/config/user.hpp> can be used to
specify BOOST_FILESYSTEM_VERSION. (#4891)
- Replaced C-style assert with BOOST_ASSERT.
- Undeprecated unique_path(). Instead, add a note mentioning the workaround
for lack of thread safety and possible change to cwd. unique_path() is just
too convenient to deprecate!
- Cleared several GCC warnings.
- Changed V2 code to use BOOST_THROW_EXCEPTION.
- Windows: Fix status() to report non-symlink reparse point correctly.
allowing control over recursion into directory symlinks. Note that the default
is changed to not recurse into directory symlinks.
- Reference documentation cleanup, including
fixing missing and broken links, and adding missing functions.
- Miscellaneous implementation code cleanup.
28 May, 2012
© Copyright Beman Dawes, 2011
Use, modification, and distribution are subject to the Boost Software
License, Version 1.0. See