Filesystem Release History
recursive_directory_iterator::increment, adding an
invariant that progress is always made, even if an error is reported by
exception or error_code. Add a manually executed test,
test/issues/recurse_dir_iter_5403.cpp. Adjust regular regression tests
as needed. Thanks to Claudio Bley for the
pull request - the
change was incorporated into the reorganized code. Fixes
canonical() to treat parent of root as root. (Christian
Hammerl) Fixes #9683
- Added missing test for
__sun macro which is defined on
Solaris 10. (Chris Stylianou)
- Minor fixes and code cleanup.
- Update IDE projects to Visual Studio 2013.
- Remove unused
const char colon to clear clang warning. (Jürgen
- Add BOOST_NOEXCEPT to
absolute values to quiet intellisense warnings, and conform to C++11.
with portable code that is intended to be much more robust and maintainable. A
section on path usage concerns has
been added to the reference documentation describing several concerns that
arise in the context of multithreading and
- Fix #7239, Stack
overflow when calling
create_directories(":D"). The reported
problem was a symptom of an internal bug that caused
path::parent_path() to fail on Windows for
and that in turn caused other functions that depend on
parent_path() to fail, such as
- Add begin() and end() non-member functions for directory_iterator and
recursive_directory_iterator so that C++11 range-based for statements work.
Suggested by feature requests
#6521, using the
- Add range_begin() and range_end() non-member functions for directory_iterator and
recursive_directory_iterator so that
- Fix a Linux fchmodat problem affecting symlink permissions reported during
discussion of #6659.
- Fix #6659 and
supported only on Solaris 11. Fix for both Sun and GCC compilers.
- Remove Filesystem Version 2 from the distribution. Version 3 is now the
only distributed version. Those still using V2 are urged to migrate to V3 as
soon as possible.
constexpr value_type preferred_separator to class path.
- Fix #5118,
replace_extension doesn't work as specified in documentation. The
documentation, implementation, and test cases have all had fixes applied. The
documentation had failed to mention that any existing extension is removed.
The behavior for simple cases has been reverted to the Version 2 behavior, but
with corrections so that complex replacements now work. Two test cases from
#5118 have been added.
- Fix #3737,
Boost.Filesystem does not compile on Windows Mobile. On Windows, <sys/stat.h>
is no longer included.
- Fix #4065,
Boost Filesystem lexicographic path comparison inconsistent. This required
multiple source code bug fixes and code cleanup, correcting problems not
related to lexicographical issues.
- Add class path member function
compare for consistency with
- Tighten BOOST_FILESYSTEM_DYN_LINK and BOOST_FILESYSTEM_STATIC_LINK logic
in filesystem/config.hpp so that one or the other is always defined, and both
being defined is a #error.
- Fix #6690 and
static linking related problems with VC++ 8 through 11. Note that this fix may
reintroduce codecvt thread safety problems
#6320, for these
compilers if static linking is used.
- Add path::operator+= and concat functions to tack on things like suffixes
or numbers. Suggested by Ed Smith-Rowland and others.
- Fix #6809,
Implementation of filesystem::rename() method for MS Windows is wrong, by
adding MOVEFILE_COPY_ALLOWED to deal with renames across drives, volumes, file
systems. Fix has no effect on non-Windows systems.
- Fix #6819, A path operand with a source that was a one character array was
treated as empty, even if it wasn't empty. Such arrays can occur in unions or
in code using C variable length array idioms.
- Fix #6932,
create_directories throws exception even if error_code is specified.
- Fix #3714,
Added test cases and fixes for class path errors when assignment or append
used self or portion of self as source.
- Fix #4889,
#6320, Locale codecvt_facet not thread safe on Windows. Move
Windows, Mac OS X, locale and codecvt facet back to namespace scope. POSIX
except OS X uses local static initialization (IE lazy) to ensure exceptions
are catchable if environmental variables are misconfigured and to avoid use of
locale("") if not actually used.
- Fix #5652,
recursive_directory_iterator fails on cyclic symbolic links. Thanks to Daniel
Aarno for the patch.
- Fix #5653,
recursive_directory_iterator(error_code) can still throw filesystem_error.
- Fix #5900, directory_iterator
access violation on Windows if error is thrown. Thanks to Andreas Eckleder for the patch.
- Fix #5900
comment 2, a bug in director_iterator construction with error_code argument that
caused increment to be called without the ec argument being passed.
- Fix #5989 by cleaning up test suite path_test.cpp code even
though the ticket itself was not a defect, and clarifying docs; iteration over a path yields
- Fix #5592, Change Windows codecvt processing from CP_THREAD_ACP to CP_ACP.
- Operations function fixes for PGI compiler, thanks to Noel Belcourt.
- Relax permissions test to reflect reality, particularly on the Sandia test
- Added operational function canonical(),
suggested by David Svoboda, who also provided pseudo-code.
- Added hash_value() function for
paths. (Daniel James)
- Fix path inserter problem (#5764)
reported for QNX6.3.2 host (gcc-3.3.5)
- Fix problem of locale("") exception being thrown before main() starts on
poorly configured (e.g. LANG="bad name") POSIX systems. Resolves the most
serious aspect of tickets
- Program file_status.cpp added (V3). See boost-root/libs/filesystem/v3/example.
Useful both as an example and to explore how Boost.Filesystem treats various
status errors. Run "bjam" (NOT "bjam install") in the example directory
to install in example/bin.
- Fix fstream problem for STLPort masquerading as Dinkumware (#5217).
- Version 3 of the library is now the default.
- IBM vacpp: Workaround for compiler bug affecting iterator_facade. (#4912)
- Verify, clarify, document that <boost/config/user.hpp> can be used to
specify BOOST_FILESYSTEM_VERSION. (#4891)
- Replaced C-style assert with BOOST_ASSERT.
- Undeprecated unique_path(). Instead, add a note mentioning the workaround
for lack of thread safety and possible change to cwd. unique_path() is just
too convenient to deprecate!
- Cleared several GCC warnings.
- Changed V2 code to use BOOST_THROW_EXCEPTION.
- Windows: Fix status() to report non-symlink reparse point correctly.
allowing control over recursion into directory symlinks. Note that the default
is changed to not recurse into directory symlinks.
- Reference documentation cleanup, including
fixing missing and broken links, and adding missing functions.
- Miscellaneous implementation code cleanup.
22 July, 2014
© Copyright Beman Dawes, 2011
Use, modification, and distribution are subject to the Boost Software
License, Version 1.0. See