CVS Branch for release
Historically, items on this checklist were accomplished by scripts written in Perl, Python, Bash, C++, and as Windows command files, or by point-and-click on a FrontPage or other GUI based program. Long term the plan is to move as much as possible of these to C++, as the one language all Boost developers are comfortable with.
- Verify root/index.htm Latest News entry has been made and reads well.
- Verify root/libs/libraries.htm entry has been made, both in the alphabetic list and in the category lists.
- Verify the root/libs/xxx directory contains an index.htm or index.html file; either the main docs or a redirection to the main docs. To do: automate this.
- Skim read the primary docs pages to make sure they meet Boost requirements and guidelines. Don't leave this until too late; it has turned up lots of issues in the past.
- Generate the header dependency table and update the CVS. To do: coordinate with John Maddock's new dependency tools.
These procedures are given for a particular release manager's machine. The plan is to replace them with more generic procedures over time.
cd ...\boost_1_28_0 tar -cf site.tar * bzip2 -k site.tar dir site.tar.bz2 pscp site.tar.bz2 firstname.lastname@example.org:/home/groups/b/bo/boost/htdocs/ keep_idsn_awake in another window. c:\bgd\util\putty\plink.exe email@example.com cd /home/groups/b/bo/boost/htdocs pwd ls -l site.tar.bz2 rm -fr boost rm -fr doc rm -fr libs rm -fr more rm -fr people rm -fr status rm -fr tools bunzip2 -kc site.tar.bz2 | tar -x ls exit stop keep_isdn_awake
Revised: 04 February, 2004
© Copyright Beman Dawes 2001
Use, modification, and distribution are subject to the Boost Software License, Version 1.0. (See accompanying file LICENSE_1_0.txt or copy at www.boost.org/LICENSE_1_0.txt)